Want to know how to make money on your property, without spending a fortune? Keep reading.
A client of mine Jo, spent a little under $5,000 and her property got $75,000 MORE than the agent expected it to sell for.
I spent just $6,000, and I got a gross profit of $105,000. (That's gross people, $99,000 after my 6k was spent plus Stamp Duty) PS I was selling the home anyway, so I would have been up for stamp duty.
Yep, both of these are not typical. And of course, not EVERY house is in this category. But... it's not impossible. Perhaps not right off the bat, but given time...
You can learn how to create these types of results for yourself.
So, whats it going to take?
You have to be a student, before you become a 'Master'.
So lets, get back to my clients home. When we met, Jo was overwhelmed and not sure what she need to do to create a profitable sale. We worked together and I advised her on what would give her a quality home which will ensure a profitable result.
Jo, she went for it. She listened to all of my advice and didn't hesitate to put it into practice. She added value to the property; it gave her prospective buyers a sense of feeling, that they were already at home.
Her presentation was flawless, and warmth just oozed from her home. From the open windows, ambient light and beautiful fluffy towels in the bathroom it was no wonder she had people falling over themselves to buy her property.
I would say, she went out of her way to create a 'plan to succeed'.
She created a carefully mapped out makeover plan and had a willingness to 'do whatever it takes'. And it could be you too. Imagine walking away with thousands extra in your pocket, without spending a fortune?
Recently, I interviewed a local Designer & Property Stylist Penny Magro, for The Renovation College. She told of a recent client story that frankly, was amazing!
An original 1960's home that had a budget of under 15 k. Nowhere near enough money to do everything that the property needed to bring it up to scratch and into 2016. A few repairs were done and they engaged Penny's services to do the best she could to be authentic to the style of the property and create as much profit as possible for the owners.
With Penny's magic, the property sold for a little more than $100,000 over what the agent thought he could get! Typical? Nope.
The agent engaged a professional who understood what it would take to create profit.
Can this be you? Hell YEAH!
Here's how to get this started...
- Clear away any clutter that has accumulated in living spaces to show off your property in its best light. (Don't be afraid to hire someone; many hands make light work)
- Clean the property inside and out, to make it look more appealing.
- A property that appears well-cared for is far more valuable than one that is run down.
2. Landscape Your Garden.
- Trim trees and bushes and tidy the edges of all garden beds.
- Mow the lawns and remove all the rubbish around the property. (Hire a skip if necessary)
- The front of your home is the first impression a buyer has. Look at your property through the eyes of a prospective buyer.
- Clean all paths and driveways.
- Make sure your property is in its best light. Repair any broken taps, tiles etc.
- Don't give your potential buyer a reason to talk down the price. Do a complete walk through the entire property to be sure everything is in working order.
- If you have pets, make arrangements for them to be cared for on open day.
- The rule of thumb is to remove any distractions from your potential buyer. It's also a good idea to make sure that there are no pet smells around, either inside or out.
5. Styling your Property
- Present your home, as if it has just been styled.
- Soft furnishings and rooms that are filled with light will add so many dimensions to your property.
- If you need help, consider a professional. Presentation is all you have to win over prospective buyers and add tens of thousands to your properties price.
If your a property stylist or designer, teach your clients how to improve their property with these tips.
Your clients will love you even more, create a belief that you are acting in their best interests. And, of course, you are!
Till next time,
Here's some Fun Facts that you might not know about me:
I've always had a strong penchant for turning something old into something new. I love creating, researching and coming up with ways to renovate homes and businesses.
Mix psychology, targeting, marketing to the property market, this changed my view on renovating and business. (makes me sound boring!)
I've worked on dozens of houses, read hundreds of books, studied the market, (then promptly forgot that!) and found out some cats like going to the beach!
I'm an Aquarian, which I may, (or may not) seem at times to you to be a bit wacky but if you can get past my unconventional approach to renovating houses and businesses, you'll see why its the 'unconventional' approach, that create amazing profits.
I teach you how to get into the head of your buyer/client, how to know them better than they know themselves, what they like, what they can afford and best of all why they will pay you more money than you ever imagined.
My approach is 'disruptive' (think Steve Jobs, Oprah, Richard Branson) unconventional and I teach online. So if its a regular 2 hour property seminar your after... (I'm probably not your girl)
I started The Renovation College to begin a new era (and make money online)
To create entrepreneurs that make money and take them away from the 9-5.
I now teach women and men how to create renovation businesses that make big bucks and, if bringing your knowledge online by creating a profitable course that you can launch over and over again is your thing, let me know.
Now you know how much your life is going to improve by hanging out with me, make sure you join the community below.
Connect with me in the group. I'll be hanging there as much as I can to get to know you.
“The Reno Chick is amazing, she showed me how to transform our house, ready for sale. Cathy did a fantastic job and gave us plenty of DIY ideas to keep the cost down. She is professional and I’d recommend her 10/10. Thanks Cathy for your work PLUS the extra 75k we made on sale day.”